Data Science Bootcamp
Become a Data Scientist in 6 Months!
About this Program
This is a 6-month Bootcamp to enable participants to learn relevant data skills and launch their careers in the field. The program is meant for those who are aiming to switch into a data science career as well as those who want to incorporate data science training into their current jobs/careers to remain competitive.
The defining characteristic of this program is that it goes beyond training and imparting key skills. It will also enable you to communicate effectively, think critically, and problem solve. Exclusive mentorship and career guidance will be provided to participants.
The Graduates of the Bootcamp will not have just learnt tools and methods but will have become data scientists – competent, confident, and ready to work. We look forward to working with you over the next 6 months as we master data science and the ways it is revolutionizing the future of work.
1. Become familiar with and demonstrate clarity in understanding of basic data and statistical concepts.
2. Enhance understanding of mathematical foundations and operations for data science.
3. Become proficient in data cleaning, data processing, and data management with Microsoft Excel.
4. Be able to carry out basic data analysis in Excel and work with Pivot Tables.
• Data Types
• Data Life Cycle
• Fundamental Statistics
• Descriptive Statistics
• Data Cleaning
• Data Preparation
• Pivot Tables
• Basic Analysis
- Become familiar with Python, and use Python interactively and with a script.
- Learn to store, access, and manipulate data in lists.
- Use functions, packages, and methods to leverage the code that Python. developers have written.
- Learn to work with powerful tools in the NumPy and other arrays and get started with data exploration.
Python Basics for Data Science
Functions and Packages
Participants will be given the option to choose between 2 streams:
- Become familiar with the use of Tableau for data visualization, and be able to work with data extracts and time series
- Be able to use aggregations and granularity.
- Be able to create charts and interactive dashboards to present data.
- Create table calculations, tree map charts, and storylines
Tableau Basics, Time Series, Aggregations, and Filters
Maps, Scatterplots, and Dashboards
Table Calculations, Calculated Fields, and Storytelling
Advanced Dashboards, Publishing Dashboards Online
- Identify a subset of data from a column or set of columns and write an SQL query to limit to those results.
- Use SQL commands to filter, sort, and summarize data.
- Create an analysis table from multiple queries using the UNION operator.
- Manipulate strings, dates, and numeric data using functions to integrate data from different sources into fields with the correct format for analysis.
Selecting and Retrieving Data with SQL
Filtering, Sorting, and Calculating Data with SQL
Subqueries and Joins in SQL
Modifying and Analyzing Data with SQL
- Become familiar with introductory regression analysis.
- Learn spatial analysis with GIS.
Machine Learning for Data Analytics
Machine Learning for Data Analytics
Introduction to GIS and Spatial Data Analysis
Data Queries and Map Making/Cartography
Machine Learning Engineer
- Get acquainted with the meaning of Machine Learning along with relevant case studies
- Delve into Feature Engineering
- Get familiar with Statistical Models and Tree Based Models
- Create your first professional portfolio project
Introduction to ML
• What is ML? (Demystifying the buzz words such as ML, AI, DS and DL)
• Building Blocks for ML & Real World Examples
• Exploratory Data Analysis
• Data Scaling
• Identifying important features
• Creating new features
Statistical Models, Tree Based Models
• Bayes’ Theorem
• Naive Bayes
• Decision Tree
• Portfolio Project 1
- Learn how to deal with Regression Models
- Learn about Neural Networks
- Create your second professional portfolio project
- Get an insight into Unsupervised Learning
• Linear Regression
• Logistic Regression
• Artificial Neural Networks
• Intro to Deep Neural Nets
• Portfolio Project 2
• K-Means Clustering
• Hierarchical clustering
• Principal Component Analysis
- Gain familiarity with major NLP concepts.
- Create your third professional portfolio project.
- Learn Computer Vision.
- Revise and Consolidate Concepts and Projects.
• Basic Text Processing
• NLTK & SpaCy
• Intro to Transformers
• Project Portfolio 3g
• Basic Image Processing
• CNN and its advanced variants
• Review Concepts & Projects
Career Counseling & Job Market Preparation
- Develop your personal brand and revamp your LinkedIn profile and resume.
- Learn about online and offline networking strategies and how to navigate networking events with confidence.
- Learn unconventional methods of job hunting.
- Learn effective interview strategies and how to answer behavioral as well as domain related questions.
LinkedIn and Resumes
Networking and Mock Networking Event
Interview Workshops and Mock Interviews
Career services that will get you hired
Meet our experienced data science instructors. Our curriculum is created and taught by Data Scientists with years of real-world industry experience.
Hussain has delivered data science solutions to global clients including Barclays, OCBC, KPMG, Royal Fidelity, and multiple Government as well as Intelligence organizations. He has taught Machine Learning and Deep Learning at SZABIST.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are the live sessions recorded for viewing later?
Are there any discounts available?
What background is needed to join this Bootcamp?
Will a certificate be awarded for completion of this Bootcamp?
How many hours per week is the required commitment for this Bootcamp?
What kind of jobs can I apply to after attending the Bootcamp?
· Data Engineer
· Machine Learning Engineer
· Data Analyst
· Data Scientist
· Product Analyst/Business Analyst